Worthington Presbyterian Church Mural


One of my favorite projects of this past year was working with the fabulous kids, volunteers, and staff at Worthington Presbyterian Church.  I read the poem "All Things Bright and Beautiful" by Cecil Francis Alexander to Sunday School participants from ages 3-10.  Students drew creatures and flowers.  I took all of their fabulous drawings and added them to a tree of my design.  The resulting mural is a mash up of their work and mine and is located in the nursery of the church.  I have included pictures of some of the kid's drawings as well as their painted translations.  I also included each child's name in the mural.    One of the reasons I love this project so much is because it combines two of my favorite things teaching and painting!  Plus, the children's art is so much better than anything I could come up with!


Original Bird Drawing
Bird Included in the Mural


Original Flower Drawing
Flower included in Mural
Can you see Lucas' name included on his spider's web?